My plan is to make a coin stack quilt using the denim for the coin stacks and a natural beigy coloured linen for the sashing and borders.
Here is a cushioned size mock up I did using some beige cotton I happened to have.
I think its gonna work. YEAH! time to start hunting for the right sort of linen for the sashing.
I've also been working on a new boys shorts design- trial 1
This is trial #2 of the shorts... I wanted the pin stripe down the side a bit less pin-stripey so I made it wider and fanned it out at the bottom. Sorry about the fabric choice, when Matilda modelled the first pair she wanted to keep them, but I offered to make the next pair in fabric of her choice instead
Here is my 3rd trial. I am happy with the stripe insert and now I just have to scale down the pattern so I can offer the shorts in sizes 1-6. This pair is made from thrifted linen and scrap denim.
Over the weekend I also got distracted by raglan t-shirts- I made a stack of boys ones from thrifted knit fabrics.